The 20’s Project
This is an idea I found on one of my favorite blogs (meggielynn). I think it’s an admirable idea, and while I already have a bucket list, a list of things I would like to accomplish in my 20’s is something I find much more doable. This is basically a list of 20 things I want to do in my twenties.
While I’m already a couple of years in, I just believe that fact will make this list even more challenging and fun.
Note: Each item can only be dependent on me. Therefore, things that make me dependent on someone else will not be put on this list (ie: marriage). This does not mean that I will do every item on this list alone, it just means that I won’t need to rely on another person to accomplish this list. This list will be ongoing. I’m not sure of everything I want to put on this list yet, and some items might change.
I encourage you all to steal this idea also, and make lists of your own. It’s very therapeutic, and helps to put what you want from life into perspective.
- Take surfing lessons.
- Order breakfast in bed at a fancy hotel.
- Ride a motorcycle.
Be a bridesmaid.
- Run a marathon.
- Take a photography class.
- Read all 5 of my favorite books in a row.
- Learn to play guitar. At least 3 of my favorite songs.
- Backpack throughout Europe.
- Volunteer overseas.
- Be a part of the WWOOF project.
- Be a vegetarian for a year.
- Learn how to cook more organic, vegetarian, whole foods dishes.
- Get my first (but probably not last) tattoo.
- Go a full week without any kind of modern technology (ie: no computer, cell phone, internet, run outside, and read instead of watching TV)
- Spend the night in a lighthouse.
- Stomp grapes with my feet to make wine.
- Think of a really great, unique halloween costume, and make it myself.
- Eat 5 new foods (or meals) I’ve never tried before (ie: étouffer, mexican hot cocoa, ect).