1. Graduate school has made me incredibly busy. I knew it would be work, but it really hit me all at once how little free time I’m actually going to have. There is so much to do every single day.
2. One of my best friend’s in the entire world is getting married on Sunday and I have the honor of being in her wedding. I cannot wait for all the beauty, love and joy that day will bring. I am bursting with excitement.
What a difficult question; it’s definitely something I struggle with a lot. I suppose we all have things we want to do in this life, things we want to achieve, and these lists are mainly to keep my thoughts together about these goals. I feel like they help center me and give me focus. I love being able to look at them and think, ‘wow, okay, this is what I want my life to be about.’ I guess for me, these lists help me hone in on what I would like to do. Now, I have gone back and tweaked these lists and changed them as I’ve gotten older. I suppose that with time, these goals will change, but I do hope to cross off every single item on them.
To stay on top of them, I think about them. I don’t plan on being able to cross of 5 (or even 1) items a year. As long as I keep them in the back of my mind I feel okay. I don’t think it would be healthy for me to focus on them too much, especially items such as visiting all 7 continents or writing a novel. These are things I hope to achieve, but if I end up visiting 4 continents and writing a short story or a children’s book, I won’t be disappointed with myself. On the contrary, marrying my soulmate and getting my Masters Degree I will most like be able to cross off in the next 3-5 years. So it just depends on the goal. I want to achieve all these things, and I do strive for them, but I try not to live my life around these lists. The lists are just there to keep me focused, and so I can keep some of these thoughts out of my mind and on paper. It’s always felt freeing to me to write things down.
I guess I am doing really well with a lot of these items on my list. I have gotten to travel a lot over the past few years, I have started down the (seemingly) never-ending road of getting my masters degree, I am living with the love of my life, we are saving up to do more traveling, I am trying to find my calling (jobwise) by getting my degree….looking at this list, there are probably a lot of things I could cross off if I put in the effort in the next six months or so, but like you said, it is very easy to put them off. I will try to plan for them, but won’t live my life around them.
Have an amazing day! xx
aww, thank you beautiful!
2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister? Oh my word, Karen Gillan! We’d have fun adventures, be hyper together, and I’d try to convince her to date Matt Smith!
6. Can you do a split? I sure can! Thanks 14 years of dance!
10. Is anyone in your family in the army? Not in my immediate family, no.
14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child? I guess it depends on the age we’re talking. When I was 5? Anything on the Disney Channel! When I was 10? FRIENDS. When I was 15? Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Thanks again, darling!
I was needing and craving this time with my family immensely. I feel so rejuvenated and whole and alive. The only thing that could complete this feeling was if Jimmy was here with me. I just can’t believe how blessed I am to have been dropped onto this earth into this beautiful, crazy family!